Thursday, December 1, 2011

Recipe for Bacon Bark...Don't wrinkle your Nose!

Ok, I don't normally post recipes here, but I felt for the better good of Woman kind, I needed to post this. It's quick and easy, and people will DEMOLISH it!
The holidays are wonderful. Family, friends, presents, get-togethers. But with all that fun comes stress. I always stress more about the food I need to take than the actual traveling out of state to see family. What am I going to take to the Christmas party/ Thanksgiving dinner/ family get-together? My husband actually gets pissed at me because I stress so much.
This can be made the day before you leave, though, and travels perfectly.

NUT mixture-


  • 1 cup pecan halves

  • 1 cup walnut pieces

  • 1 cup almonds

  • 2T Maple Syrup

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus an extra sprinkle

  • 1t. Pumpkin Pie Spice

  • 1/2 t. Paprika

  • salt and pepper


Bacon mixture-



  • 6 strips uncooked bacon (I used 3 strips of extra thick bacon)

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar

  • 1/2 t. Paprika

  • salt and pepper

Stir all of the ingredients in the nut mixture until everything is coated. Set aside.


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Dice the bacon into small cubes. Mix all of the bacon ingredients in a bowl, then spread onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Cook 8-10 minutes, until the sugar is bubbling. Remove from oven and add the nut mixture, stirring thoroughly. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve warm or allow to cool, then break the nuts apart.


I served it the next day. After it cooled, I just threw it into a plastic container and packed it away. Super easy, and the men will absolutely love it. I made this for Thanksgiving, and had people calling me for the recipe as we left.


Enjoy!

No comments: